History of the Department
The Department of Telugu was established in 1969 as part of ICC&CE of University of Mysore. At that point in time, the department offered B.A./B.Com. Telugu language. Later, the department introduced M.A. in Telugu and Ph.D. courses. KSOU was the first university to start M.A. in Telugu and Ph.D. courses through Distance mode in Karnataka. Department prepared Self Instructional Material (SIM) and Self Learning Material (SLM) for the benefit of students in the ODL system. Department also provides more than 800 books for the reference of UG, PG and research scholars. Many research articles and books were published through the department in various magazines, journals and books. The thrust areas of research include Folk literature, Comparative literature, Classical and Modern Telugu Literature.
Aspire tirelessly to be the hub of academic endeavors by inculcating the human values
through innovative teaching and learning methods in Telugu literature.
1. Promote Culture and values among students.
2. Pursue academic excellence through quality of education and research.
3. Comparative study of different folk and literary fields.
4. To enrich the knowledge about Telugu literature among the learners.
5. To implement research projects and motivate the publication of books and research articles.
6. To provide an insight into the Telugu language for the aspirants in Karnataka.
Chairperson : Prof. M. Ramanatham Naidu
Contact Us :