Prasaranga , the publication wing of the Karnataka State Open University is a unique
organization that was established in the year 2008 for the purpose of publications
and extension activities. Till date, Prasaranga has published numerous books and
research publications which are well received from academicians and students. In
2021, Prasaranga is registered with Raja Rammohun Roy National Agency to obtain
ISBN series for future publications. Prof D.K Rajendra was the first Director (2008-
2013), followed by Dr.Tejaswi Navilooru( 2009-2020), and Dr.Santhosh Naik R (since
2020) is the present Director/coordinator.
• To bring quality publications to enhance the knowledge universe.
• To encourage writers, authors and researchers to create valuable content
in English and Kannada languages.
The aim of any university is to create and share knowledge. A university
publication wing is an essential part of the mission of sharing and promoting
knowledge to a wider audience. We are focused towards quality publication
which is not covered exhaustively by other publishers.
• To bring an interdisciplinary journal with scholarly publication
containing articles written by researchers, professors and other experts.
• Digitization of all books.
• Publishing textbooks in different subjects.
• Promoting young writers in Kannada with a special emphasis on writing
books in area of Social Science, Science and Technology, Management and
such other professional fields.
• To create an online platform for books
• Reprinting of all books that are of great value and in demand