Karnataka State Open University (KSOU), Mysuru, is a State Public University established by the act of State Legislature in 1992, and was brought into force on 1st June 1996. Ever since its establishment, KSOU has been pro-actively engaged in fulfilling the national objectives of higher education i.e., to achieve ACCESS, EQUITY, QUALITY, AFFORDABILITY and ACCOUNTABILITY.
A Pioneer and Premier Centre of Higher Education under Open and Distance Learning (ODL) system, KSOU was carved out of illustrious University of Mysore in 1996. Before becoming the university, KSOU was an Institute of Correspondence Courses and Continuing Education (ICC&CE) of the University of Mysore which was established in 1969.
The motto of KSOU - “HIGHER EDUCATION FOR EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE”, promises to reach out to those unreached - to all those higher education aspirants. The Open University was established in pursuance of National Policy on Education, NPE-1986 on the recommendation of Central Education Advisory Board MHRD, Government of India.
The working professionals, households, the disadvantaged sections of the society and people from backward regions, who cannot pursue education through ‘in-class’/conventional mode get new opportunities to learn through distance education mode.
Since 25 years KSOU has produced Thousands of eminent graduates. Now Karnataka State Open University alumni association wants to support a network of former graduates who will, in turn, help to raise the profile of the university.
Karnataka State Open University Alumni Association (KSOUAA) was registered as an association under Karnataka societies registration act 1960 under the name Karnataka State Open University Alumni Association with Regn No:DRMY/SOR/82/2020-21 dated 23.07.2020.
Bring the old students of Karnataka State Open University, Mysuru under one forum for exchange of experience and dissemination of knowledge amongst its members and also for the furtherance of fellowship, advancement of knowledge in general of the members of the Association and the country in general.
• To conduct seminars, conferences, workshops, placement activities, endowment lectures and other academic activities and also to keep in touch with one another of the University faculty, administrators and students.
• To create and establish Alumni endowments for granting scholarships, prizes and medals to the students showing high proficiency in their studies and honour former students of the University.
• To advocate and contribute the cause of ODL with the Universities and Associations of other academic institutions relating to promotion of higher education, training and management systems and open learning thereby promote the welfare and status of the University.
• To collect funds by subscriptions, contributions, donations and gifts from members, non-members, Governments, Universities and other institutions and philanthropists for achievement of the above objectives.
• To render financial aid to deserving poor students studying at the University.
• Student Information System.
• To render financial aid to deserving alumni under the distressed situations.
• To publish Journals, magazines, souvenirs and newsletters with regards to the activities of the University and its Alumni.
• To organize cultural and educational programmes and also to conduct Alumni Day celebrations every year.
• To help the Alumni to get advice from the University on various technical problems they may come across in their official work and in real life and also with regard to job opportunities.
• To carry out such other activities as may be necessary for implementation of the above aims and objectives.
|#||Name & Designation|
|1||Dr sharanappa v halase, President|
|2||Dr kamble Ashok, Vice President|
|3||Dr k l n Murthy, General Secretary|
|4||Preeti Nagaraj, Joint Secretary|
|5||Dr.A Khadar Pasha, Treasurer|
|6||Dr.Jagadish Babu, Executive Committee member|
|7||Dr.Ananda gowda N, Executive Committee member|
|8||Dr.Arun das S, Executive Committee member|
|9||Kusuma P Ayarahalli, Executive Committee member|
|10||Dr.C Mahadevamurthy, Executive Committee member|
|11||Dr.Sujatha.J.K, Executive Committee member|
|12||Dr.Santhosh Naik R, Convener|
|13||Madhusudhan, Executive Committee member|
|14||Gayatri T.D.A, Executive Committee member|
|15||Sudhish M R, Executive Committee member|
Success Story of Karnataka State Open University.
Courses of KSOU are recognised by University Grants Commision (UGC) New-Delhi vide order No: F.No 14-5/2018 (DEB-I) Dated : 14th August 2018 for the period from 2018-19 to 2022-23
All contents in this website is owned and goverened by KSOU Mysuru and should not be copied or used in any other means of media without written consent from the concerned authorities. * Copyrights © 2022 KSOU Mysuru. All rights reserved.